[scribus] scribus 1.3.3.14

William Capistran 6778225 at centurylink.net
Fri Dec 10 13:54:38 CET 2010

Sir:

   I'll try my questions one more time please.

I've read that scribus 1.3.3.14 is compatable with my Windows Vista. Agree?

Although I am registered with s cribus at lists.scribus info, they were unable to answer what I thought was a straighforward enough layman's question: After downloading scribus 1.3.3.14 from sourceforce.net a window popped up saying that before downloading said software, I must download ghostscript (I've read that it doesn't matter when I download ghostscript providing scribus can find the gsexecutable). Agree? Second, but related. I don't know which ghostscript to download other than the pop-up said at least 8.60+ version (again I've read 8.61 would work). Agree? Final related question, the gsexecutable file recommended is gswin32c.exe (not gswin32.exe, but there is no link for gswin32.cexe after selecting a ghostscript program). Also, do you need to know that my word processor is WordPad, not microsoft Word?

As it stands now I theoritically have scribus 1.3.3.14 downloaded but no ghostscript. Should I uninstall the software and begin a new download from a different site that you recommend? Or, what should I do?

Thanks, Bill