[scribus] scribus 1.3.3.14

bill capistran help at scribus.info
Wed Dec 8 18:41:45 CET 2010

Submitted on 12/08/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: bill capistran
   Email Address: 6778225 at centurylink.net
   Subject: scribus 1.3.3.14
   Message:
I downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 (from sourceforce).   AFTER downloading, a
window comes up (scribus on windows-read me) instructing me that BEFORE
downloading software, I must download Ghostscript. They don't indicate which
Ghostscript to pick from a vast list other that it must at least ghostscript
8.60+ also says that it must contain gswin32cexe (gswin32exe).  After
guessing which ghostscript option to choose as there is no gswin32exe option
nor link to gswin32exe from what I did pick, I'm natually left wondering,
what the freak!  So, is it too late to download Ghostscript AFTER I
donwloaded scribus, what ghostscript to select, and what is ghostscript that
it isn't included in the scribus 1.3.3.14 free download?
      Qestion 2:  I have Windows Vista with WordPad, is scribus compatible?
And when I untimately and successfully download everything that needs to be
downloaded to obtain scribus 1.3.3.14, how to I begin to transfer what is in
my WordPad documents into the desktop publishing mode?

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: vista
     CPU type: Other/Don't know

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/617