[scribus] Cannot reopen a Scribus document

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:17:17 CET 2010

2010/12/8 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> bonjour marie-nöelle,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
In the mean time, the renamed 'autosave' file has eventually opened (I was
having lunch, and when I came, it was here!). It that has been saved 10mns
earlier than the real one so, hopefully, I will have not have lost too much.

I'll just comment your propositions, in case it can help someone else.

> three possible ways (always work with backed up files):
>
> a/ try to open the same document on a computer with (much) more ram.

I have 4 Go RAM, and no other computer nearby.

> b/ if the pictures are big, replace them with their thumbnails (copy the
> current pictures to another place, create the thumbnails in another folder
> but with the same name as the original picture, put the thumbnails where the
> pictures were.

Yes, the pictures files are quite big, as they come from my 12 Mpx camera,
and I didn't resize them because I want to keep the best definition for the
printing book. It's too an early stage to know which picture will have to
remain big, so it can be printed double-page, and wich will share a page
with several others.
Do you think resizing perhaps half of them could improve Scribus response
time?

> c/ if the pictures are not all on the same page: rename the folder where
> the picture are (i hope you have put them in a folder...), open the .sla
> with scribus (scribus should not find them and be more), delete some pages
> (and get sane chunks), save as.

Yes, there all are in a dedicated folder.
None of them are on a real page, yet. They are scattered around the one
empty page (I needed on for the document to be created), in thumbnails
sizes, and I'm grouping/moving them around while planning how to organize
them in the book.
I'll save the rename folder trick for another time, in case I need it.

> ciao
> a.l.e

Thanks for your good advice,
Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>