[scribus] Scribus vs database

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Tue Dec 7 13:59:46 CET 2010

> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_of_end-to-end_publishing_solution

I wonder why all of that is about CMS systems with XML based data integration
when in fact almost all CMS systems collect data from some SQL database, and
for me it is the one common point where we can connect Scribus to it.

Note that Qt has SQL drivers for most popular database engines.

In simply solution we can make new type of rendered frame, where content is
from some SQL query writed by user.
In advanced solution we can provide some kind of SQL wizzard - GUI for
creating SQL queries without SQL experience.

Storing changes in SQL database is not problem too I think.

cezaryece