[scribus] How to split a landscape a4 page evenly into 3 with margins?

John Hansen help at scribus.info
Tue Dec 7 07:31:43 CET 2010

Submitted on 12/07/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]

Submitted values are:

   Name: John Hansen
   Email Address: jch at orcon.net.nz
   Subject: How to split a landscape a4 page evenly into 3 with margins?
   Message:
Hello,
   Trying to make a 3 fold pamphlet, but not able to evenly split a page into
3.

Ok, here is what I have done: Select Single page in document setup, A4 paper,
landscape, make all margins 4mm. No bleeds. unit of measurement Millimetres.
Apply all settings to all document pages and master pages.

Next once document is open, I go to Guide Manager and in the column/row tab I
select 2 vertical, using 8mm gap referring to Page.

All done, this does not produce and even 3 way split across the page. You can
see this yourself using the ruler feature in Scribus - the central column is
always 4mm wider than the outside two.

Where have I gone wrong or how can I make the split exactly 3 even columns?

   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.7svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date: 31. May 2008
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: Win 7
     CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/614