[scribus] Scribus results / list of minor flaws

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 7 02:09:05 CET 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:43:39 +0100
Andreas Hünnebeck <acmh at gmx.de> dijo:

>Most tables were created by Python scripts. I wrote a generic table
>class which creates and fills frames according to some input
>variables, and wrote one script for each table which calls the table
>class with the appropriate input. Changing the content means changing
>the script.

Does "most tables" include the Important Telephone Numbers on pages
18-19? Can you give more detail about how the script functions? Might
it be possible to create a GUI front end to the script where the GUI
asks the user for input variables and data?

>  2. Somehow the list of paragraph styles got filled up with lots of
> 'Copy of ...' styles I've never created intentionally (don't know yet
> if this occurs in 1.3.9). I did not try to remove them for fear of
> unknown consequences.

This is a long-standing bug that has been reported fixed, yet remains.
I haven 1.3.9 but haven't actually used it for a project yet, so I
don't know if it is finally fixed.