[scribus] installing scribus

fran.renard at free.fr fran.renard at free.fr
Mon Dec 6 11:25:57 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm a newbie on Scribus, and I'd like to install it locally on a RedHat/Linux PC, because I'm not administrator.

I've downloaded scribus-1.3.3.14.tar.bz2 and unpacked it locally. I've get a scribus-1.3.3.14 directory.

There is no configure command, and I've understood that I've to use cmake.

I've created a "install" and a "build" directory, on the same level as the source "scribus" directory, in the scribus-1.3.3.14 directory.
In the build directory, I've done :

cmake ../scribus -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/home/username/scribus-1.3.3.14/install

and obtained the messages below.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong ?

Thank you
François

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at icons/CMakeLists.txt:6 (INSTALL):
  install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at plugins/barcodegenerator/CMakeLists.txt:32 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "barcodegenerator".

CMake Error at plugins/colorwheel/CMakeLists.txt:30 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "colorwheel".

CMake Error at plugins/fileloader/oldscribusformat/CMakeLists.txt:24 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "oldscribusformat".

CMake Error at plugins/fileloader/oodraw/CMakeLists.txt:23 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target "oodrawimp".

CMake Error at plugins/fontpreview/CMakeLists.txt:32 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "fontpreview".

CMake Error at plugins/newfromtemplateplugin/CMakeLists.txt:27 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "newfromtemplateplugin".

CMake Error at plugins/psimport/CMakeLists.txt:24 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target "importps".

CMake Error at plugins/psimport/CMakeLists.txt:30 (INSTALL):
  install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at plugins/pixmapexport/CMakeLists.txt:24 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "scribusexportpixmap".

CMake Error at plugins/saveastemplateplugin/CMakeLists.txt:24 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "saveastemplateplugin".

CMake Error at plugins/scriptplugin/samples/CMakeLists.txt:5 (INSTALL):
  install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at plugins/scriptplugin/scripts/CMakeLists.txt:5 (INSTALL):
  install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Error at plugins/scriptplugin/CMakeLists.txt:51 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "scriptplugin".

CMake Error at plugins/short-words/CMakeLists.txt:30 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "scribusshortwords".

CMake Error at plugins/svgexplugin/CMakeLists.txt:22 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "svgexplugin".

CMake Error at plugins/svgimplugin/CMakeLists.txt:22 (INSTALL):
  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for module target
  "svgimplugin".

CMake Error at templates/CMakeLists.txt:6 (INSTALL):
  install FILES given no DESTINATION!

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done