[scribus] Scribus and DTP classes

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 06:25:22 CET 2010

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:28:28 -0600
Steve Herrick <estebandido at gmail.com> dijo:

>"John Culleton" <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>>Newsletters are a natural for Scribus and important, but it also
>>excels for cover art.

>No doubt about that, but cover art is probably not the optimal medium
>for a whale of a project on how to do effective DTP on Scribus.

Doing a cover is a possible module. But the more I think about it the
more I realize it will take a hundred modules, maybe several hundred.

It also occurred to me that each module must be doubled, because the
default paper size for the majority of users is A4, but for North
American users is US Letter. The instructions have to be adjusted for
margin sizes and such. Oy weh.

And not everything can be taught in a module where the student is to
recreate a layout. How do you teach them how to set up color
management? How to set up default fonts? And much more.