[scribus] Tooltips blank

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Mon Dec 6 00:54:40 CET 2010

Keith wrote:
> I have both 1.3.8 and 1.5.0 svn installed. Neither of them show any
> text
> in them in the tooltips. I don't believe the problem to be a Scribus
> problem but rather a QT thing. I had QT4 Settings, and QT4 Designer
> and
> the tool tips in them were blank as well. I played with the palettes
> in
> the QT4 Settings program and could not effect a change. The Inactive
> Palette being the one that controls the text in Tooltips apparently.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I may have had a similar
problem with Scribus 1.3.9. I could see a cream-colored box where
the tooltip was, but the text in the tooltip box was just about the
same color so I couldn't read it. The solution for me was to run
qtconfig and on the first screen at GUI Style, Select GUI Style,
choose Desktop Settings (Default). Save the settings. When I
restarted Scribus, the problem was gone and I can see the tooltips.
For the Scribus Preferences theme, I have the dropdown blank.

You may have to translate qtconfig to whatever in your distro is the
same thing. If you haven't tried this, see what happens. I would
advise leaving palettes, etc., in qtconfig alone.
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 SOHO