[scribus] top-posting

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Dec 5 08:38:36 CET 2010

> For this list we have decided to recommend bottom-posting; it's not a
> rule, but a strong preference. For us I think it's a bit like the same
> reason a story starts at the top and ends at the bottom.

And it is a lot easier to follow the different parts of discussion. If
you top post, you have to explicitly add a reference to each part of
the original post you want to comment. Writing "inline" like I am
doing now is IMO a lot better.

> Another thing I see is that many of those who top-post simply keep
> adding onto a post rather than trimming it down to the part they wish to
> comment about. Especially if you're familiar with a thread, you don't
> need the entire thread contained in each post.

It's also a big waste of bandwitdh and storage space to send the same
thing back and forth several times.

I really think that is the biggest problem. I read the digest version
and it is not easy to read when you have to scroll through 3-4 pages
of old quotes before getting to the next new message.

/Peter