[scribus] 1.3.9 debian builds?

ehud.kaplan at gmail.com ehud.kaplan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 23:21:39 CET 2010

What does top post mean?  I use Thunderbird as a front end for gmail and
clicked on Reply-list.
EK

On 12/4/2010 3:53 PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 12/04/2010 06:50 PM, ehud.kaplan at gmail.com wrote:
>> I also have been using 1.3.8-ng on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit without problems.
>> My ONLY complaint about Linux is the long repository-updating delay that
>> we typically have to put up with. This is true for Scribus, Lyx, TexLive
>> and other useful programs.
>>
>> EK
>>

> Please do not top post, it breaks the flow of the discussion. I know
> be default, gmail follows Microsoft's brain dead mail client defaults.
>
> Second, please disable HTMl formatting. It is useless and we strip it
> automatically.
>
> Third, please do not equate Ubuntu with Linux. It is a distribution of
> Linux and like all of them their weaknesses and strengths.
>
>> On 12/4/2010 7:58 AM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
>>> The simple answer to your question is no. There are no 64 bit builds of
>>> Scribus yet for Ubuntu. However, 32 bit builds work fine with the 64
>>> bit
>>> architecture. To my knowledge, there is no 1.3.9 build in the
>>> repositories
>>> for Ubuntu either. The latest I have found is 1.3.8 and that is
>>> listed in
>>> Ubuntu's Software Center as Scribus-ng. I downloaded that last week
>>> and am
>>> using it with no problems on Ubuntu 10.10. I expect a long delay before
>>> 1.3.9 hits the repositories. To use 1.3.9 with Ubuntu 10.10, you will
>>> likely have to compile it yourself as of today.
>>>
>>> John Ghormley KJ4UFG
>>> Walkertown, NC USA

> <snip>
>
> Normally, Alex our fantastic Debian developer/maintainer provides
> packages for the most recent Debian/Ubuntu releases in our own
> repositories. So you should see these soon. In this case it is
> completely dependent on his free time to do this.
>
> http://www.scribus.net/debian
>
> HTH,
>
> Peter

Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor
*Director*, Center of Excellence for /Computational & System neuroscience,/
The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
*Director*, The laboratory of /Visual & Computational Neuroscience/
Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY, 10029