[scribus] 1.3.9 debian builds?

Peter Linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Sat Dec 4 21:53:15 CET 2010

Hi,

On 12/04/2010 06:50 PM, ehud.kaplan at gmail.com wrote:
> I also have been using 1.3.8-ng on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit without problems.
> My ONLY complaint about Linux is the long repository-updating delay that
> we typically have to put up with. This is true for Scribus, Lyx, TexLive
> and other useful programs.
>
> EK

Please do not top post, it breaks the flow of the discussion. I know be
default, gmail follows Microsoft's brain dead mail client defaults.

Second, please disable HTMl formatting. It is useless and we strip it
automatically.

Third, please do not equate Ubuntu with Linux. It is a distribution of
Linux and like all of them their weaknesses and strengths.

> On 12/4/2010 7:58 AM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
>> The simple answer to your question is no. There are no 64 bit builds of
>> Scribus yet for Ubuntu. However, 32 bit builds work fine with the 64 bit
>> architecture. To my knowledge, there is no 1.3.9 build in the
>> repositories
>> for Ubuntu either. The latest I have found is 1.3.8 and that is listed in
>> Ubuntu's Software Center as Scribus-ng. I downloaded that last week
>> and am
>> using it with no problems on Ubuntu 10.10. I expect a long delay before
>> 1.3.9 hits the repositories. To use 1.3.9 with Ubuntu 10.10, you will
>> likely have to compile it yourself as of today.
>>
>> John Ghormley KJ4UFG
>> Walkertown, NC USA
>>

>> 2010/12/4 David Burleigh<david.burleigh at gmx.com>
>>
>>> Is there a build of Scribus 1.3.9 anywhere for 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10?

<snip>

Normally, Alex our fantastic Debian developer/maintainer provides
packages for the most recent Debian/Ubuntu releases in our own
repositories. So you should see these soon. In this case it is
completely dependent on his free time to do this.

http://www.scribus.net/debian

HTH,

Peter