[scribus] 1.3.9 debian builds?

ehud.kaplan at gmail.com ehud.kaplan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 18:50:33 CET 2010

I also have been using 1.3.8-ng on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit without problems.
My ONLY complaint about Linux is the long repository-updating delay that
we typically have to put up with.  This is true for Scribus, Lyx,
TexLive and other useful programs.

EK

On 12/4/2010 7:58 AM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> The simple answer to your question is no.  There are no 64 bit builds of
> Scribus yet for Ubuntu.  However, 32 bit builds work fine with the 64 bit
> architecture.  To my knowledge, there is no 1.3.9 build in the repositories
> for Ubuntu either.  The latest I have found is 1.3.8 and that is listed in
> Ubuntu's Software Center as Scribus-ng.  I downloaded that last week and am
> using it with no problems on Ubuntu 10.10.  I expect a long delay before
> 1.3.9 hits the repositories.  To use 1.3.9 with Ubuntu 10.10, you will
> likely have to compile it yourself as of today.
>
> John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
> Walkertown, NC  USA
>

> 2010/12/4 David Burleigh<david.burleigh at gmx.com>
>
>> Is there a build of Scribus 1.3.9 anywhere for 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10?

Ehud Kaplan, Ph.D.
Jules and Doris Stein /Research to Prevent Blindness /Professor
*Director*, Center of Excellence for /Computational & System neuroscience,/
The Friedman Brain Institute, MSSM
*Director*, The laboratory of /Visual & Computational Neuroscience/
Depts. of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, Chemical & Structural Biology
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY, 10029