[scribus] 1.3.9 debian builds?

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Sat Dec 4 13:58:39 CET 2010

The simple answer to your question is no.  There are no 64 bit builds of
Scribus yet for Ubuntu.  However, 32 bit builds work fine with the 64 bit
architecture.  To my knowledge, there is no 1.3.9 build in the repositories
for Ubuntu either.  The latest I have found is 1.3.8 and that is listed in
Ubuntu's Software Center as Scribus-ng.  I downloaded that last week and am
using it with no problems on Ubuntu 10.10.  I expect a long delay before
1.3.9 hits the repositories.  To use 1.3.9 with Ubuntu 10.10, you will
likely have to compile it yourself as of today.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Walkertown, NC  USA