[scribus] Organizing pictures before inserting them in a book

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 3 12:05:01 CET 2010

bonjour marie-noëlle,
> I think I have the answer, and it doesn't involve any additional tool.
>
> In Scribus, it is possible to have frames on the canevas, outside the limits
> of actual pages. So, I think I will import at once all the images I want to
> work with, in image frames the size of thumbnails, then move them around and
> resize them on the canvas to get the first rough idea of the whole book.
>
> Then I will move them to their actual position in real pages and adjust
> their sizes.
>
> How does it look?
not bad... but in that case i would maybe insert the single images by
drag and drop from an image viewer:
- create icons for all your images in a separated folder (without
remaning them)
- create an empty folder where you will place the images you insert into
scribus
- create a scribus document with enough pages
- choose an icon, move it to the target folder and, then drag and drop
the image to the scribus document.

you may carefully choose the defaults for creating the image frame (it's
in the document settings) to improve your workflow.

ciao
a.l.e