[scribus] Clickable URL links in PDF export

Jan de Weerd jdweerd at ziggo.nl
Sun Apr 25 18:14:14 CEST 2010

On 04/25/2010 04:54 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 04/25/2010 10:26 AM, Bill Gee wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to make part of the text in a text box be a
>> clickable
>> URL link when exported as PDF.  I found a previous document on this
>> from April
>> 2008 at
>> http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2008-April/028860.html.
>> However, the solution described here is not suitable for my need.  In
>> my case
>> the link is an integral part of the surrounding text.  I don't see a
>> way to
>> put a link frame inside a text frame in such a way that the secondary
>> frame
>> moves when the surrounding text from the primary frame is changed.
>>
> This is your only option. Scribus at this time does not have the ability
> to create linking via text. It's a bit cumbersome, but this method of
> superimposing a linking frame over the text from which you want to link
> is the only way I know of to accomplish this. It just shows that you
> should complete your layout before you apply these frames on top.

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but when I make a pdf of my work (a
newsletter) with an email address or a weblink in the text, they both
are clickable. When I check the "Embed PDF & EPS files" option in the
output to file window, even links in imported pdf images are clickable!

I use Scribus 1.3.5 and 1.5.0 on OpenSUSE 11.2_64bit.

Regards,
Jan