[scribus] import eps

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Apr 16 09:23:01 CEST 2010

hi ian,

> My finished document, (in sla format), was 2Mb before I added the eps
> "image". The Spreadsheet is quite small - 5 columns and 19 rows - but
> after adding it into my file in a small box approx 80mm square the
> finished file size jumped to >3.5Mb!!! In other words one small eps
> "image" almost doubled the size of my file.

since your table will be imported as vector, its placement size
(horizontal x vertical...) won't matter: the only thing that matters is
how many shapes, lines and glyphs there are in the table.
joining lines and deleting white / invisible rectangles (if any are in
there) may help to shrink the size of the eps after it has been imported.

hth
a.l.e