[scribus] Crop capability.

TSH tsh.gmane at miserableoldgit.me.uk
Tue Apr 13 22:49:13 CEST 2010

a.l.e wrote:

> opening several images from the context menu is imho no good idea. if
> you want to edit several images it's better to open them from gimp:
> that way you have a better control on what is open and what not (the
> bytes are exactly the same, but your brain will be working
> differently).

Not sure I agree with that - though it may be that we simply work
differently on our projects.

Personally, I find opening an image directly from Scribus to be
convenient and intuitive, but having to navigate through a file
structure in Gimp to where the image lives can break my concentration
some. Especially if images are kept in different locations - and it's
not always easy to remember. How about the image location being
included along with it's name on the Info tab of the context menu?

> for the error: if i recall corretly, it's a bug related to some
> operating systems (and has already been reported to the bug report
> system): basically, scribus does support sending images to an open
> instance of gimp.

In that case, that's probably 95% of what I'm after. Hopefully it will
feature on my own desktop soon.

Thanks

--
Stewart H