[scribus] Crop capability.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 13 09:03:43 CEST 2010

hi stewart,
> I'm comming late to this thread, but I think the existing ability to
> right click and edit an image in Gimp is sufficient.
>
> However, what I find frustrating is that once one image has opened in
> Gimp, clicking on Edit Image in the context menu just brings up a
> message saying Gimp is already running, and so the image has to be
> opened outside of Scribus.
>
> The ability to open more than one image at a time from the context menu
> would be very helpful. Or maybe even the ability to drag and drop an
> image from Scribus into Gimp (dunno how feasible that is).

opening several images from the context menu is imho no good idea. if
you want to edit several images it's better to open them from gimp: that
way you have a better control on what is open and what not (the bytes
are exactly the same, but your brain will be working differently).

for the error: if i recall corretly, it's a bug related to some
operating systems (and has already been reported to the bug report
system): basically, scribus does support sending images to an open
instance of gimp.

hth
a.l.e