[scribus] Table with printable lines

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 13 22:09:35 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 15:35:37 Larry Freeman wrote:
> Submitted on 04/13/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Message:
> I am working on a project and would like to create a table that has
> lines that will print what is the easiest way to do this?
>
>    Contact information:
>      Name: Larry Freeman
>      Email Address: Larry.d.Freeman at gmail.com
>      Subject: Table with printable lines
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: <p>older_stable</p>
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date: 11. January 2008
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Linux
>      Version: Linux Mint
>      CPU type: <p>32bit ( Intel/AMD - i386); 64 bit (x86_64/amd64); PPC
> - PowerPC; Other/Don't know</p>
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/395

I would create the table external to Scribus and import it as an eps file.
Scribus doesn't do tables natively yet.  TeX OTOH has several table
creation routines.  I like the one that is found in TeXsys. I use it for my
monthly invoices to Carroll County Times.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"