[scribus] Crop capability.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Apr 8 13:18:26 CEST 2010

hi dai,

> I know Scribus is not meant to edit text like a text editor but could
> something like TinyMCE be incorporated into scribus as a plugin
>
> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
>
> not sure if is possible as TinyMCE is for web stuff but there might be
> somethig similar out there. If you do this as a plugin you preserve
> Scribus as a layout program but allow individuals to add that bit
> axtra if they wish to.
>
> Just a thought.

no, i don't think that it would make much sense.

- tinymce is developed in javascript which is a language for the web. i don't think their library can be used by a c++ program like scribus or integrated into qt (btw, qt has similar libraries, too)

- tinymce does not support any of the advanced formatting features in scribus

some work has been done to let the user create his owns "palettes" by picking the fields in the properties palettte... i think that this is something that would go in your direction...

ciao
a.l.e