[scribus] Scribus PDF Error

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 3 11:07:59 CEST 2010

> Has anybody used a massively large image in Scribus and was able to
> export it to PDF?

Well, I just opened a 55 Mb png file (off a scanner at 600dpi) and
exported to pdf. Exporting for screen produced a 9 Mb file, exporting
for print generated a 53 Mb file

No probs

I haven't worked out what OS system you are using. Here I am using
Ubuntu and 1.3.7 out of svn

If you are using a linux, start Scribus from the command line and see
what messages occur when you try the faulty export.

There are tiffs and tiffs, which is a bit of a problem for some people
or programs. What happens when you open it in gimp. Any error
messages?

Do you have any faulty memory? Run memtest lately?

If you are on windows, there maybe other questions

--

Owen