[scribus] Import text and images

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Apr 1 16:38:50 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 13:55:56 Ruben Javier Casado wrote:
> Thanks for the answers, but I give up. I was trying to use InfoBox but
> without any response.
> InfoBox not be successful. I select the text frame, run the script and
> nothing happens. I was disappointed ... : (
> I prefer to continue working hand in Quarkxpress than having to be
> dealing with new program that seems to be good, but very rude.
>
> Thanks,
> Javier
>
> 2010/3/31 Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>
>
> > On 03/31/2010 10:13 AM, Ruben Javier Casado wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >> I´m new in Scribus. I´ve been using Quarkexpress for a while but it
> >> doesn´t
> >> complete my needs.
> >> Basically, what I need to do is import text and images from a file
> >> (txt, xml, etc…)
> >> I don´t need the images to be in specific places. I need to import
> >> some text, and then an image (same width as column), then text again,
> >> and another
> >> image…
> >
> > Hi Javier,
> >
> > It's worth looking at the InfoBox built-in script to see if it meets
> > your needs.

Like any unfamiliar piece of software Scribus requires some study.  You
don't need to use a script if I understand your requirements.  Just draw a
text box, fill it, adjust it , then draw an image box, fill it,  adjust it
and so on. For both types of frames right click to get to a detailed menu
for that frame, as I have previously mentioned. Once you get the feel of it
putting together a Scribus document is very fast.  I am still learning but
I find it an excellent tool for jobs like yours.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"