[scribus] grouped objects have outline ?

eclipse magick eclipse.magick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:47:19 CEST 2009

2009/9/29 Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com>

> On 09/29/2009 10:43 AM, eclipse magick wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I made a 16 pages document in scribus.
>> I've create 3 circles with an outine (0.5 pt) for each. The i grouped
>> these 3 objects.
>>
>> I wanted to "validate" my PDF in Acrobat + Pitstop.
>> I have a "ppp file" coming from a professionnal printer.
>>
>> I noticed that i have outines were inferior to 0.12 pt.
>> Hmmm i was sure that my circle were correct.
>>
>> I return to scribus to verify that point.
>> If i ungroup my group of 3 circle and select each one, i can see they
>> have an outine. But if i group them, the outine of this group disepear.
>> Something wrong happen or what ?
>>

>> So i ask myself how i could do for better rendering.
>> Is it normal that a group lost outines of "inclued objects" ?
>>

> First, I would say don't worry about the absence of appearance that the group members have borders. OTOH, there should not be this discrepancy in the thickness. Try ungrouping to see if the borders come out accurate; this may be a bug.
>
> Greg

First, i tryed a same test in XPress to see how this point appears.
The "grouped object" does not add borders or colors. The setting
(border width) is empty.

Now in Scribus 1.3.5.1, i noticed that the group keeps borders and
colors ; these borders and colors are coming from the preferences
scribus (tools > forms).
I think it's a "possible error" to keep this setting with objects grouped
If i ungroup polygones, then it's fine.