[scribus] manual

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 14:03:19 CEST 2009

On 09/28/2009 07:43 AM, David Major wrote:
> I'm new(ish) to Linux, new(ish) to Scribus, and new to this list, but I
> do know a fair bit about book publishing.
>
> The first thing would be for someone, if it hasn't been done already, to
> contact the current publisher. If it's a very small (one person?
> family?) operation, they may have a good explanation for what's going
> on. Maybe someone's been sick, for example.
>
> But in terms of how to reliably provide the book:
>
> Print-on-demand is the perfect answer.
>
> A company like Lightning Source (https://www.lightningsource.com)
> store the files for the book...

As many on the list already know, this is exactly what we have done. We
have an arrangement with LSI and others for the printing, etc.
Unfortunately, the problem lies in getting orders placed with our
publisher to the printers for order fulfillment. Suffice it to say that
we have been making repeated efforts to get a response from our
fledgling publisher, thus far without results.

When people order from Amazon or other booksellers, these go straight to
the printer, and this method is working well.

Greg