[scribus] Beschnitt

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 18:43:41 CEST 2009

On 09/22/2009 12:34 PM, Thomas Kratz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to print a magazin in DIN A 4, and the printing company wants
> an extra 1mm more around the page. In German this is called
> "Beschnitt", if I got it right. How do I do this in Scribus? Shall I
> make the pages 1mm bigger right from the beginning, or can I start
> with DINA4 and add the 1mm somewhere else?
You can do this either way.

This is the bleed area, and I'm presuming this 1mm (seems rather small)
will be trimmed away. In 1.3.5+ there are built-in bleed settings in
Scribus when you export to PDF. Use the Pre-Press tab in the export dialog.

If you are mainly using 1.3.3.x, you might make your document in that,
then import to 1.3.5 for the bleed settings. I would add that while you
can add crop marks, don't do this unless your printer says that they
need them (they probably don't).

Greg