[scribus] Test files for the PICT importer

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat Sep 19 05:34:46 CEST 2009

Hi list,

Those of you who follow the developments in our experimental branch 1.5svn are
probably aware that a new import filter for Apple's PICT format has been
added. The filter will work for bitmap and vector content.

To make sure Scribus can import these files correctly, we would be glad to
receive as many test files as possible. If you happen to have PICT files
(e.g. from pre-OS-X versions of MacOS or MacOffice) lying around on your hard
disk or another storage medium, it would be great if you could create an
archive and upload it to the bugtracker. If you are not allowed to distribute
the files, you can set the respective bug report to "private," which means
that only the developers will be able to get the archive (and see the report
in the first place). We can also guarantee that the archive will be removed
once the files have been tested.

Please do not upload any files exported from OpenOffice.org or StarOffice, as
these have already been tested extensively.

If you are concerned about uploading files because of copyright/licensing
restrictions, please feel free to contact me directly. I will then tell you
which developers need them for testing.

Cheers,

Christoph