[scribus] Business Cards from Scribus?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Sep 20 00:04:47 CEST 2009

> I clicked on http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/8879.sla and
> the link
> opened in IE.  I copied the source to Notepad and saved it as an sla
> file.
> The OS recognizes it as a Scribus file but when I tried to open it
> with
> Scribus I received a popup that complained that it wasn't in the right
> format.

Hi,

The first line would have read;

<SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.3.6.svn">

If you try to open that in Scribus-1.3.3.x then you will get the wrong
format error.

sla files created in Scribus 1.3.3.x cannot be opened in Scribus-1.2.x
sla files created in Scribus 1.3.5.x cannot be opened in Scribus-1.3.3.x
sla files created in Scribus 1.5 cannot be opened in Scribus-1.3.3.x

IE, there is no backward compatability, so hopefully, you were using
1.3.3.x
--

Owen