[scribus] Business Cards from Scribus?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Sep 19 12:09:56 CEST 2009

> I have MS publisher on another (older) PC that's not mine.  But it's
> what I
> had when I developed a business card (attached)
>
> So far Openoffice has satisfied my needs and allowed me to avoid MS
> Office
> on this PC but this task has me stumped.
>
> I like Scribus' ability to outline letters so I'll re-do the card (no
> need
> to convert it) in Scribus.
>
> Soooo... How do I develop a business card in Scribus and print it
> 10-up on
> Avery Form # 8879?

As I understand it, the 8879 template is 7.5" wide split down the
middle with 5 abutting rows of 2.25 inches

1. Open a new document, 8879 size (sorry I dont know what that is)just
measure it and make a custom new document if it is not standard letter
or A4

2. Insert guides to make 10 3.75x2.25 divisions with further guides
for a 1/8 " bleed area and a 1/8 " no print area so you end up with a
work area of 3.25"x1.75"

3. Use the scrapbook to hold your 3.25"x1.75" card work and then just
keep pasting it into the 10 work areas.

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/8879.sla will give you the
idea, it has a Scribus-1.3.6 heading, so I assume it will open in
1.3.5

--

Owen