[scribus] How to retain pure balck CMYK(0, 0, 0, 100) with color management activated

avox avox at arcor.de
Wed Sep 9 18:42:57 CEST 2009

victorp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I faced with the following problem:
> I have an RGB photo in my document, that without color management looks
> bad (like through fog)
> When I turn on color management, its ok, but the texts that has pure
> black color CMYK(0,0,0,100) appears
> on each CMYK process plate in print preview.

That should not happen. What profiles have you set for solid CMYK colors and
for
printer?

> Is it possible to apply color management ONLY to images, but NOT to
> solid CMYK colors?
>
> Is it possible NOT to apply ICC profiles for elements that uses pure
> black?

No, you can only choose which ICC profile to use, not if. In fact newer
Scribus
uses (generic) ICC profiles even when you turn CM off.

And of course you can define your own black... but default black is already
CMYK (0,0,0,100)

/Andreas