[scribus] Windows 95 version

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 05:57:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, 9/4/09, "Bryan Alexander" <bryalexander at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any Scribus versions out there still available for download that work on Windows 95?  I know it's ancient, but I have a guy that has an old computer.  He's into graphic art, but has never used computers.  Someone gave him this old computer, he wants to see if it's something he would use before buying one....

Thanks!
Bryan

I would suggest that you install LINUX on this old computer. I have a really old computer that had Windows 95 on it, especially since your friend has never used computers so would not be encumbered by the MS Windows paradigms.  I have successfully installed Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) on it, and it works fine, although slower than newer computers with more memory.

Your friend might actually learn how to use Scribus more quickly than those of us who had absolutely no experience with layout and graphics arts either with other software, or by doing it the "old-fashioned" way by cutting pieces of paper and pasting them onto a cardboard layout sheet.

Murray