[scribus] Windows 95 version

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Sep 5 10:03:57 CEST 2009

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:

> One word: Ubuntu
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Bryan Alexander<bryalexander at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know if there are any Scribus versions out there still available for download that work on Windows 95?  I know it's ancient, but I have a guy that has an old computer.  He's into graphic art, but has never used computers.  Someone gave him this old computer, he wants to see if it's something he would use before buying one....

If it has enough memory.  The trouble with old computers is that they
aren't very good adverts for new computers.

Remember that win95 would run in 32 meg of memory, or 4 meg according to
Microsoft...

What spec is this '95 box ?  Even if the hardware is up to is, I'm not
sure that any worthwhile version of Scribus would work on '95 ?

If trying Ubuntu, look at Mint, a distribution which is derived from it
but said hereabouts to be better ?  Let us know how you get on.  My 84
year old mother wants broadband so I was thinking of Mint for that.

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor