[scribus] Curly quotes and long novels.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Sep 5 01:40:15 CEST 2009

I know Scribus is not optimal for very long books. But if I should take
the plunge with a text that is full of double curly quotes (lots of
dialog) how do I import the text and preserve all those curly quotes?
The Scribus
select-from-a-menu method is a non-starter-- too much hand labor.
Should I prepare the text with (space)" and "(space)? Should I run it
through open Office first for curly quotes and then import the ODT
file? What is the optimum strategy?

On things like this TeX is easier (sigh).  but I like the Scribus font
selection method and letterspacing (for running page heads) better.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"