[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:31:26 CEST 2009

I have used Scribus on both a Windows Vista machine and an Ubuntu machine.
Scribus has worked very well on the Vista Machine with no complaints as to
performance. The jury is still out on the Scribus on Ubuntu experience
mainly because the Ubuntu machine is not very powerfull so it is rather
slow. But aside from the slowness Scribus works fine so far. I like it.

I have some apps like Acrobat 9 Pro Extended that is a Windows only version
of Acrobat as is Adobe LiveCycle Designer (XML forms authoring app) so It is
Windows for those (I'm want to be able to do some serious PDF work). All the
other graphics apps I use are open source. Hurrah! For the most part they
all work great.

Thanks to all those who have provided some make sense and objective
thoughts. Those kind of comments really help be informed as to what is out
there.

StevenD