[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

OM malex at scribus.info
Fri Sep 4 17:02:40 CEST 2009

* Jeffrey Silverman <jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com> [2009-09-04 10:13:40 -0400]:

> Oops! Add "and Gentoo and Debian" to the "Slackware is not a good
> choice for Linux newbs who don't want to use the CLI" line, as in:
>
> "Slackware and Gentoo and Debian are not good choices for Linux newbs
> who don't want to use the CLI"
>
> --
> JDS

Jeffrey,

I believe that your conclusion is not based on the analysis of the current
state of distributions. Current Debian testing/unstable is on par with for
instance 'Ubuntu Jaunty' as far as I can tell as there is no need to use
command line to do your work or administer your system. You are forgetting
that ease-of-use enhancements that Ubuntu is making are flowing back into
Debian to a degree allowed by licensing and time/effort constraints. In fact,
I think you would be very hard pressed to come up with any user action that
requires command line access in Debian, but doesn't require it in Ubuntu.

Kind regards,

Alex