[scribus] Huge PDF, need suggestions

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 18:23:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:38:14 +0200
vwf <vwf at vulkor.net> dijo:

> > Can someone suggest PDF export options that will result in a file that
> > I can print?
>
> The problem can be at various places.
>
> Do you convert EPS to bitmaps? Try not to
> Do you use small patterns over large area's? Try larger patterns
> Do you print bitmaps via a Postscript printer? Try PCL

The document contains no bitmaps at all. There are a lot of PS vector
objects placed in the document with File > Import > Get Vector File.

I have several printers. All have PCL and PostScript and I have both
drivers installed for each printer. But it doesn't make any difference
which printer I use; the output still takes about ten minutes per page.

I think the problem is the size of the PDF file. I need to figure out
the export options to make it smaller.