[scribus] how to create a black background in a paragraph style

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:50:09 CEST 2009

I tried something last night that I thought would work but it didn't quite
turn out as I expected. I made a small rectangular text box with a fill
color of black and I put one line of text that was white. I copied this text
box and pasted it into a separate line as text above another paragraph. That
way the black box with white reversed type would flow with the text. I've
done this before in QuarkXPress. Well when I pasted the box I only got part
of the text diplayed. Maybe someone else could try it and have better
success. I only tried it once last night for the first time in Scribus
quickly to see if I could do it.

I have done what Ryan says in QuarkXPress before and was looking for
something similar in Scribus but I don't think there is a feature for rules
above or below text. At least not that I found.

StevenD