[scribus] how to create a black background in a paragraph style

Ryan ryancoc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:35:31 CEST 2009

I do have a solution for it that I saw someone use in quark, i'm just not
sure how to call on it in scribus, or if it's even possible. They used a
line rule above above it so they drew like a 28 point line style above it,
then when the heading was flowed right after it, the heading style had a
baseline shift on it so that it would slide up a line to sit in front of the
black line rule they had created.

I know how to create the line style in scribus, simply by going into styles
and choosing new line style, but I don't know how to call on it while
importing text. I when i run an import, get text command it shows the option
of assigning a paragraph style, but when i hit the drop down on that option,
there are no other choices. But simply the fact that that is a dropdown
makes me think that I'm missing something and it's dropdown for the reason
that you would be able to choose, line style, character style, or paragraph
style, not just paragraph.

Does this make sense?