[scribus] building 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4.3

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 3 01:42:45 CEST 2009

a.l.e wrote:
> hi,
>
>> Speaking of the stable version, it still requires qt3, if I am not
>> mistaken. Has anyone seen qt3 (aqua version) build on OSX Snow
>> Leopard?
>
> for os x, the stable version (1.3.3.x) has still to be installed through fink or darwin ports
>
> please see (and eventually complete):
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:FAQ#How_do_i_get_Scribus_for_OS_X.3F
>
> there is no real native scribus 1.3.3.x.

On OSX 10.5, you can install the "native" version (that is, using the
aqua version of qt for its gui) of scribus-1.3.3.13 , called
scribus-aqua, from Fink. On 10.6, there is a problem with compiling the
non-x11 version of qt, and therefore of scribus. However, both the
stable version 1.3.3.13 and version 1.3.5.1 in their X11 variants can be
installed from Fink on 10.6.

--
Martin