[scribus] building 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4.3

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 18:26:19 CEST 2009

On 09/02/2009 12:15 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> I tried to compile the latest 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4 and it blew up of
> course.  Even when I installed Qt 4.5 Scribus found 4.4 and
> wouldn't compile.
>
> I installed Slackware Linux 13 (which has QT 4.5) on a separate
> partition and 1.3.5.1 compiles OK.
>
> I do wonder if this chasing after the very latest version of Qt etc.
> adds sufficient value to make up for the frustration of users like
> you and me.

Some basic things to try here:

1. reboot your computer after an upgrade of Qt
2. do a whole new checkout of Scribus to erase any memory that cmake
will find

If you're using a distro with a repository, I would generally advise
against upgrading things like Qt outside of the repository, unless you
have some understanding of ldconfig and how to undo such an upgrade.

It could  be worse. You might be using Windows, in which case if you
screw it up you have to totally reinstall Windows (with all of that
ugliness) to fix the problem.

Greg
Greg