[scribus] Colour Profiles

davecs d4vecs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:35:56 CEST 2009

I have been searching, without success, for colour profiles for my monitor
and printer. The monitor is an LG W2242S, and it is displaying a photo
exactly as I want it printed. The printer is an HP Photosmart 7760. If I
don't use colour profiles, the dark parts of the print are far too dark,
meaning that slight shadows across someone's face, which look quite natural
on my admittedly cheap monitor, come out too dark, and detail is obscured.
However, if I do use the default ICC profiles, the photo comes out darker
still, with a horrible red cast as well.

I've looked on the internet, HP site, etc, and cannot find an ICC profile.
What would be nice is a program where you can visually adjust your onscreen
image to match what comes out the printer, so that settings can be recorded
and next time the printer compensates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Spagnol