[scribus] building 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4.3

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 2 18:15:23 CEST 2009

On Monday 31 August 2009 05:26:39 vwf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still running scribus 1.3.5 RC2 on Debian stable (Lenny)
> because the are no new builds. The reason would be that the
newer
> scribus versions require Qt 4.5. Just to give it a try I changed
> the cmake configuration back to Qt 4.4. It builds fine with a
'normal'
> series of warnings, and it seems to run fine.
>
> Is Qt 4.5 really required, as set by the configuration, or Qt 4.4,
as
> described in all documents and confirmed by my very
incomplete test?

> Can I edit the same document with scribus 1.3.5RC2 and 1.3.5.1
next to
> each other?
>

> Thank you,
> Frits

I tried to compile the latest 1.3.5.1 with Qt 4.4 and it blew up of
course.  Even when I installed Qt 4.5 Scribus found 4.4 and
wouldn't compile.

I installed Slackware Linux 13 (which has QT 4.5) on a separate
partition and 1.3.5.1 compiles OK.

I do wonder if this chasing after the very latest version of Qt etc.
adds sufficient value to make up for the frustration of users like
you and me.
--
John Culleton