[scribus] Text Overflow - Background

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Sep 2 17:20:25 CEST 2009

a.l.e wrote:

>> i think you should have a look at the content of the frame: is
>> there any text which is not shown? is there an extra carriage
>> return at the end of the frame?
>> you may open one of the frame with the story editor and see what
>> exactly is in there.
>>
>> one possible cause may be a "\n" at the end of your string in the
>> script...

When I open the content of one of the frames (right click -> Edit Text) there does not seem to be any carriage return after the text. The cursor stops on the same line as the text. Furthermore, there is no "box-with-an-x" indicating a text overflow. Sometimes if I single click or double click on one of the text frames that has a warning on it, that warning or sometimes all warnings go away.

>> as i wrote: it's difficult to tell without seeing the .sla and/or
>> the script you are using.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, really) if I save the Scribus document and reopen it, all warnings are gone, reinforcing the belief that there are no real problems with the document. It seems to be a "refresh" issue -- the preflight verifier isn't getting the latest info on the text frames until I touch them in some way.

I want to make a few more changes to the script and then I will be happy to share it with everyone.

--
Henry