[scribus] custom line styles usage existing and maybe a suggestion

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Oct 27 13:25:54 CET 2009

lieber herr k.

> <<
> well, it's a pity that publisher doesn't set the standard for scribus :-)
> >>

> no it's not a pity. But the example I gave was the simplest way (for
> me) to express it, sorry to irritate or offend.

i 'm not irritate nor offended... the reality is, that if you bring a
feature which is in InDesign, you have good chances to have it
imlemented in scribus... if you explain that you are used to it, from
your MSPublisher background, people won't take you very seriously.

the reality is, that MS Publisher doesn't have a good name in the DTP
world...

> Thanks, I could do that, but it does make the task far more convoluted
> and cumbersome compared to how it can be done in another application
> that we dare not mention here. I am looking to try and get multiple
> clients to let go of a certain application and anything they can do in
> it they obviously expect  to be able to do in another and without too
> much extra effort.

i think that christoph wrote that this feature will be available in
scribus 1.6 (and is being implemented right now in 1.5svn).

just for your information: it's not so easy to implement it *correctly*:
what happens if the pattern fits two and 3/4 times in the  frame you
created? should it  be expanded to 3 times? should the pattern be scaled
down? up? should it be left a it is (and mabye look good on screen but
awful on paper?)

i can't wait to see how franz solved it!

ciao
a.l.e