[scribus] the Ubuntu conundrum

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Oct 21 11:46:57 CEST 2009

hello john jason,

> I can't address the issues of QT on Ubuntu because so far I haven't
> found a single post from anyone telling me exactly what Ubuntu does
> with QT that is wrong.

one important long living problem with the qt patching in ubuntu was related to a misbehavior of the numeric input fields: they simply didn't work with locales which were not default one (us american or C).

i don't know if it still applies.

on the other side, i have used scribus on ubuntu for several years and -- iirc -- never ever encountered any bug which was ubuntu specific.

have a nice day
a.l.e