[scribus] Problems with Ubuntu Scribus QT Libraries

Patrick Wallace mental at mentalware.com
Wed Oct 21 01:59:53 CEST 2009

scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
> I suggest that Ubuntu Scribus users put heavy pressure on Ubuntu to make
> greater effort of solving these QT issues, as it is known fact that
> Ubuntu "officially" gives support to GTK+ as significantly higher
> preference than goes to QT.

I just googled for:
   "qt library" "different in Ubuntu" (no hits).
  "qt" "different in Ubuntu" (6 hits, none of which are relevant to Qt).

I wonder what kind of known fact? Is QT somehow a different animal in
Ubuntu that any other distro? Not at all.

I'm on Ubuntu. Use Scribus. Have no problems.

What I'm hearing from certain Scribus posts, none of whom seem to have
used Ubuntu, does not comport with the reality I know.

There are various minor config differences between all linux distros.
That's sometimes an  irritant because it would be nice to just click and
go no matter which system the developer was using, but that's just part
of life in Gnu-land.