[scribus] Text outlining

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 19:41:57 CEST 2009

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:27:41 +0200
Benjamin Dumke <scribus at benjamin-dumke.de> dijo:

> Here's how I usually do it:
>
> Duplicate the text, so you have the same text frame twice, directly
> above each other. Leave the top one as it is; apply the outline effect
> to the bottom one (possibly with a higher percentage). That will leave
> the original characters' shapes alone, while still giving you outlines.

That's a good workaround. I'm about to do it.

However, I think the text outlining thing should do the same thing. I
think the outline is being applied on the inside of the character
outline, instead of the outside.

It seems to me that I once used a program that allowed setting the
outline on the inside or outside. InDesign? CorelDRAW? Illustrator?

I wonder if I just have to set something somewhere to make Scribus
apply the outline to the outside. If the outline feature is fixed to
apply it only to the inside, then perhaps I need to make a feature
request. I can see needing it on the outside quite often; I can't think
of any situation where I'd want the outline on the inside.

First, I need to determine if this is a PEBKAC* problem or not.

*PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.