[scribus] Scribus, GNOME, KDE

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 03:32:00 CEST 2009

On 10/15/2009 02:32 PM, Steven Dayton wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. Seems to me I had heard that KDE manages fonts
> really well. But I'm not sure where I read that or if I read correctly. I
> want to give openSUSE a try and thought I would install it with KDE.

As others have said, if your Scribus on Ubuntu is working Ok, that's the
main thing. The intuitive reason to use KDE has to do with both KDE and
Scribus using Qt for development, so you can more or less guarantee that
you will have what you need, especially if you're going to build Scribus
yourself.

I have read that there are concerns that KDE on Kubuntu is not being as
aggressively updated as Gnome on Ubuntu is. I had Ubuntu pre-installed
on this netbook and gave up trying to figure out how to get KDE on it
from apt-get or Synaptic.

Greg