[scribus] Barcode broken?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Oct 14 23:31:17 CEST 2009

Using 1.3.5 RC3 on Ubuntu.

I am trying to enter a barcode, specifically 978-1-878572-25-7. I swear
this worked last time I used the barcode feature, but now it gives me
the wrong barcode.

First, in the user interface there are choices for EAN-13 and for ISBN.
I thought the current ISBN was EAN-13. No matter; whichever I choose it
gives me some default code instead of what I type in the box.

For example, if I choose EAN-13 the box comes up with the code
9781860742712 in it. If I overtype that with my code it still
generates the barcode for 9781860742712, and the box goes back to
displaying 9781860742712.

If I choose ISBN it comes up with 1-58880-149 in the box. If I replace
that with my code (with or without the 978 in front) it still gives me
the barcode for 1-58880-149, and the box goes back to displaying
1-58880-149.

Have I misunderstood the user interface?