[scribus] Using .xml or a script with Scribus

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:05:36 CEST 2009

> My question is how is it best to translate the QRC. My thinking is
>>
>> that the translator receive an English .sla file and the translator
>> translate
>>
>> the language (for example, Spanish) in place of the English text
>>
>> using layers.
>>
>> But, perhaps, a better way is to get "under the hood" and use .xml tools
>> to access the English and translate the language into another layer.
>>
>> Or, ideally, can this be done using a script?

i have found that translator programs don't work very well.  there is a lot
of tidying up of grammar and such.  best case scenario i can think of would
be to find some folks to translate the text for you in the given languages.
translator programs leave a lot to be desired.  they have a tendency to make
you sound like you used a translator program instead of being fluent in the
language.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran